Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Keepin' it Real

As today was the first fall like day of Seattle and I played some frisbee, I was reminded of this hate that I will soon be encountering a lot due to the weather...

Hate: Half turtlenecks.  We all know how I feel about things touching my neck so half turtlenecks are just the worst of the worst.  It just SITS right on the most uncomfortable part of your neck...ALL THE TIME!  I refuse to believe that is in any way comfortable, not to mention you look like a fucking idiot.  I don't care about the fraction of a degree it warms your body, you look retarded.  If you really need to protect your neck THAT much from a cold breeze, you need to go all out and get like a face and neck warmer or something. And if it isn't cold enough for that...it's too warm for the half turtleneck.  In fact, there is never an appropriate temperature for the half turtleneck.  No excuses.  I will say that a half turtleneck in an under armour-like material is MARGINALLY more acceptable than a jersey one.  The jersey half turtleneck is a dead giveaway of your nerdity.  In all seriousness I wouldn't talk to you.  Under armour is practically a necessity for playing sports when it's cold and it's almost hard to find ones that don't have the half turtleneck, but I mean...look harder bitches.  It's that important.  I will admit that I have one fake under armour that I got on sale at Target that is a half turtle neck, but since I don't even understand how you can wear something around your neck like that...I cut a slit so it's hardly a half turtleneck anymore.  In case it wasn't clear to you before, now you know half turtlenecks are in no way ok.  Ever.

Love: Mariah Carey's Christmas album...embarrassing...

Peace dudes,

theGrump

2 comments: